20.12.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.3.0 is available now.
- fotoARRAY now comes with a new image browsing tool which is completely independent on any database. It can open any directory which contains images. To navigate it shows a directory tree. This tree supports the same multi selection logic as the other trees used for albums and keywords. Is is so very easy to browse nested directory structures. The new browser can be started with F4 and is integreated in several menus of fotoARRAY. It will be further improved for more interaction, also for controlled import into the fotoARRAY catalog. To start the browser as main form start fotoARRAY with the command line parameter "fotoARRAY.exe" -browser [path]
28.11.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.2.6 is available now.
- fix problems with PDF Export in column mode
- fix problems with PDF export
- when exporting into a new catalog the JPG+ selection can be used to select the new master files
- improved file copy logic (copy from drive, copy to directory)
- some improvements in GUI
10.11.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.2.5 is available now.
- better selection of external program for CTRL+E and SHIFT+CTRL+E Operation
- fix problem with PDF export
- the mouse pointer is now hidden when slide show is active
- changes to support Affinity Photo 2 as external editor
6.11.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.2.4 is available now.
- the drag&drop source button now has a popup menu to select the source type
- new hotkey SHIFT+CTRL+E to edit the external file even if not displayed (requires license)
- fixes a possible stability issue
- improvement to Broadcast to link largeJPEG file
- new website layout
2.11.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.2.3 is available now.
++ Does it make sense to use a different version of an image for an image file only because it is in an album?
Each album may have an attached external directory with JPEG representations of the displayed images. You can specify how the images are used:
- displayed in grid
- used in page export
- used in slide show [F1]
- used in broadcast, mainly for exported websites
- used when files are copied [F6]
The external directory can be specified as absolute path, as a relative path to each image and alternatively as relative path to the database directory (the catalog)
- the command line parameter -share can now used to instantly share a list of files also passed as parameters using fotoARRAY broadcast. This requires the licensed edition.
- automatically check for updates. You can select the frequency: Every Day, Week, Month or Never. (The checking procedure only passes the fotoARRAY version number, OS and Language to our server,
but no Machine/License ID)
23.10.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.2.2 is available now.
- You can change the layout mode right in the page dialog
- the Algorithm of the Column layout mode now better works for page export
- Images are centered with column layout mode and if column count = 1
- the items in the album treeview now have a context menue to add and remove images to/from albums
7.10.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.2.0 is available now.
This is a major update of fotoARRAY. We reviewed a lot of user feedback and ideas to make fotoARRAY even more versatile. Yet the user interface has been streamlined to make it easier to understand.
- all dialogs have been checked and most have been updated.
Several stability issues have been fixed.
++ Choose image source dialog. It is used by page export, broadcast and for slide show)
It is now possible to display the images loaded from an temporary,
external directory. For example if you have just exported images for a
slideshow or photo book.
- Powerful page settings dialog
Export prints "PREVIEW" on the pages in unlicensed version
specify desired image width in pixel (requires License)
++ Export "Pages" as JPEG files (requires License)
++ Export "Pages" to PDF file (optionally embeds full JPEG data) (requires License)
- Specify JPEG size on fotoARRAY Broadcast
- fotoARRAY Broadcast updated dialog
++ Dialog to move image time stamp (requires License)
- when the page mode is selected the page number will displayed over the page
- drag&drop to albums and keywords is supressed unless you press SHIFT
for easier draging out of the fotoARRAY window
- new drag&drop source mode "SHARE" uses image from sub directory _share
- enhanced copy from external directories
- support for parameter files of latest version of CaptureOne 22 incl LLC files
- Press Ctrl+T to toggle visibilitry of top button bar
- new automatic loading of previews files from export directory (requires License)
- brand new tool to move the time stamp by hours, days, months and years. (requires License)
- assign date/time to a set of images with defined m/h/s increment (requires License)
This is useful if you need to assign time stamps to scanned analog images
- In Slideshow Mode (F1) a click on right mouse button will change to next image
- In Slideshow Mode (F1) a click on middle mouse button will rotate the image by 90 degree.
- the file renaming tool now accepts files to be added with drag&drop (use control at top right corner)
- the file renaming tool allows to replace a substring in a name with a different one
- Improved ROW image alignment algorithm
- updated and organized menu.
- Select images by codition
- incorporate the latest LibRaw to support OM1-Data
- possibility to connect to external LibRAW DLL
5.7.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.8 is available now.
+++ Improved ROW image alignment algorithm in the array view.
When you activate the page preview mode the images are now more
evenly distributed on the page. With thge licenses edition you
can export the pages as JPEG images to create a picture book
quickly, i.e. when you need to create a picture book with 1000 images
- modified check for colliding names in export F6 - only compares
base name to avoid overwriting when the result JPEG would be
- when editing the time stamp of an image you can only edit the date
and only edit the time. The other part will not be changed.
- when editing the time stamp you can also only set the year, month, day, minute and hour by
typing i.e. 2022y to change the year to 2022. Simply type the number
followed by y m d h M s (only "m" is case sensitive)
- much enhanced Image export (F6) dialog with improved side car handling
- enhanced copy from card dialog and function. Now handles side car files.
In full version:
- when editing the time stamp you can also specify an offset
i.e. -2h to reduce the hour by 2, i.e. to correct for time shift.
- in full version: Menu "Edit/Select by condition" with sub menu to, among other
possibilities select images which have sidecar JPEG
- enhanced parameter copy function (Shift+F6) can now instantly update
the thumbnails 1 and 2
11.6.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.7 is available now.
+++ Assign a color to keywords and album.
It will be displayed on the images as a colored circle in upper left corner
+++ Assign a symbol (emoticon) to keywords and albums.
It will be displayed on the images in upper right corner
- It is now possible to sort by multiple fields in a selected order
(Last added sort field comes first)
- improves handling of sort drop down
- improve idle power consumption and overall application performance
- fix problem when assigning new time stamp
- if an image has GPS data you can press on ALT+F3 to show the position in web browser
29.5.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.6 is available now.
- in the licensed edition you can hide the parent folders of directories (Context menu folders/Extended)
- in the licensed edition some Broadcast Themes allow download of archives with the selected images
- now you can also import images from a network drive
- the import and synchronize dialog has been revised
- now you can also select to only add new directories to seed up import.
- improved possible duplicate selection (Menue Extras) (compares file name and file size, but not the date)
- Images which are marked to be possible duplicates show "[D]" in the file info panel (Ctrl+I)
- improved switch to select drag&drop data
- In mode THMB now a temporary file is created for drag&drop into most other applications
you can disable this mode using the context menu of the switch
5.5.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.5 is available now.
- enhanced file info (Ctrl + I) - now sizable and with album and keyword display
- fix problem with thumbnail update when there was a problem with thumbnail database before
- improved thumbnail/preview update logic (press F2 to update if you saved file in _final)
- improved fotoARRAY broadcast logic to provide images in larger resolution
- improved scripted import
- export method F6 first checks if destination directory can be created
- subdirecory with a direcory name extension .nosynch will not be synchronized
- to prevent that a directory is imported when synchronizing subdirectories you can place a file
with the name ".nosynch" in a directory.
6.4.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.4 is available now.
- In registered edition:
Enhanced function to save an image ID and locate the image later (Shift+F1/Ctrl+F10)
- The tool to copy files from card can now start an external application
after copying the file. This is perfect for initial culling of image
We recommend the program FastRAWViewer to do this.
- external programs can now be started with parameters. Various placeholders are supported.
Use the options dialog to configure the programs.
- fix problem with Trashbin Show/Hide
- fix problem with image range selection with shift+click
- Start_fotoARRAY.EXE can now move the images one folder level up (useful when used with PureRAW)
24.3.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.3 is available now.
Press Ctrl+Q to toggle the position of the image in 16:9 crop mode and, more important,
in the Slideshow mode. This helps to use the screen size in the best possible way
In SlideShow Mode (F1) the image context menu (Right Mouse button) is now available.
Actions will only affect the visible image.
In SlideShow Mode (F1) use Ctrl+ Mousewheel to zoom in. Double-click to toogle zooming
Press 'B' while fotoARRAY Broadcast (F9) has been opened and the current image will be
available for connected devices. If you are in slide show mode (F1) this also works.
This makes it possible to share certain files with your friends, while showing images
in the slide show.
enhanced internal non destructive editor (Compare View - F3)
with new, larger button bar with actions to copy&paste a settings (development recipe)
Clear the settings
Undo larger changes such as erase setting, pasting a setting and changes to curve
in fotoARRAY Broadcast you can now select a different port (context menu of symbol)
20.3.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.2 is available now.
It is now possible to use the scripting to import new files from new directories.
This adds a lot to the possibilities for itegration in other programs.
The Setup for Windows now includes a launching executable which makes it possible
to execute different scripts within fotoARRAY by calls from other
applications. Each copy of the launcher executable uses its own set of
parameter. This method works around the problem, that many applications cannot
pass other parameters to the called applications other than the name of
a file. The launcher exe can optionally can also call another program
and pass the image file names.
- fixes problem with the filter which was introduced in 2.1.1
18.3.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.1 is available now.
- It is now possible to use the star and color bar in the slide show mode (F1)
- fix problem that refresh did not respect keyword "AND" Setting
15.3.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.1.0 is available now.
Updated User interface:
- simplyfied layout which allows even faster scrolling and redraw
- new buttons on main view which are animated to allow more intuitive usage
- removed unnecessery lines and frames which also makes the interface even faster
- updated, optional white UI theme
- revised hot keys
- quick help (Menu Window/help)
- revised menu bar (reordered on OSX, scalable on Windows) with additional items
- Refresh (F5) now shows progress right in its button
- On windows the title bar can be removed to allow nicer screen shots.
- the bottom toolbar now better supports different sizes of the main window
- if the compare view (F3) is non-modal, it is displayed as top-most window.
- much improved user order support in an album. You can now also use drag&drop to reorder.
- fotoARRAY Broadcast to send images to smartphone
- fotoARRAY Broadcast to send any file to smartphone ("PickAnyFile" requires license)
- use key "B" to add images to the list used by fotoARRAY Broadcast
- use fotoARRAY Broadcast to receive files from smartphone ("Upload" requires license)
- versatile template system (comparable to a CMS) integrated into fotoARRAY Broadcast which allows the export of HTML Image galleries ("Export" requires license)
- export color labels to XMP files
- export rating to XMP files
- export keywords to XMP files
- re-import XMP files (F2)
- Image export (F6) can now write XMP files
- scripted import can now move files to a dedicated import folder and import in database.
- scripted import can now also update color/rating/keywords from XMP files
- "urgency" is now imported from XMP files as color label
- It was possible that message windows were displayed behind the main view which blocked the application
- assigning a keyword to images with single image view somtimes did not work
- selectiong with shift+click sometimes did not work
- exception inside fotoARRAY Broadcast
10.3.2022 - fotoARRAY Beta V2.0.9
fotoARRAY Broadcast got the ability to save a HTML image gallery.
The user can select a gallery template which contains the required HTML, JS and
other support files and a theme.xml file which controls the conversion.
This feature is only available in the registered version of fotoARRAY.
5.3.2022 - fotoARRAY Beta V2.0.8
The Userinterface has been further enhanced and problems with shortcuts
(Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) have been fixed.
fotoARRAY Broadcast got the ability to upload images from
smartphes to the desctop. Using a sepcial template the user can select files
on the mobile device and send it to fotoARRAY.
This feature is only available in the registered version of fotoARRAY.
1.3.2022 - fotoARRAY Beta V2.0.7
The main window of fotoARRAY has been redesigned and modernized.
While the symbols on the buttons were only marginally updated, they have been now
implemented as vector graphics. Now scaling of the user interface also scales
the buttons without loss in quality.
26.2.2022 - fotoARRAY Beta V2.0.6
We show the new fotoARRAY Broadcast. It is a tool implemented
inbto foto array to bring your images to your smartphone.
22.2.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.0.5 is now available
Improves the synchronization by loading data from XMP files after pressing the key F2.
20.2.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.0.4 is now available
You can press F8 to create or update XMP files to include rating and keyword information.
The export has been improved. You can now select from a combo box how color numbers should
be converted to color label names. We have included predefined templates for different languages,
but by editing the included XML file you can also create new templetes.
16.2.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.0.3 is now available
We have optimized the support for color labels which are loaded from XMP side car files.
You can press F8 to create or update XMP files to include rating and keyword information.
14.2.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.0.2 is now available
The new release fixes some problems with import of images: JPEG files were not imported when they were accompanied by XMP files.
Further more the synchronization was enhanced. New keywords, rating and color labels are now synchronized. When an external XMP
file was changed, the next time when synchronizing, fotoARRAY can detect the change of rating, color or keywords and
update the settings in the database. If those values were not change, changes made in fotoARRAY itself should remain.
4.2.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.0.2 is now available
This release fixes the problem that a newly created database inherited the "no import" setting
of the demo database. It includes some improvements in the UI and translation.
30.1.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.0.1 can be downloaded now
The data base export now skips albums and keywords which are hidden temporarily.
This feature makes it easy to create a reduced sub-catalog from some selected albums in the main catalog.
The catalog can be given to somebody else an bde viewed with the free-edition of fotoARRAY.
This edition also solves the problem with message boxes to be inaccessible behind the current window.
26.1.2022 - fotoARRAY V2.0 can be downloaded now
Please download fotoARRAY to experience your images in a whole new way.
24.1.2022 - The new fotoARRAY support forum goes online
Please visit the forum for further information about fotoARRAY. You may also register as a user there.
22.1.2022 - The new fotoARRAY website goes online
We created a fast bootstrap based site. It also includes the new manual in english and german language.
You can access the manual from any page using the Documentation button in the upper right corner
21.1.2022 - The new fotoARRAY documention has been finished
2.7.2021 - fotoARRAY 1.17 has been released
It solves some stability and performance issues
4.4.2021 - fotoARRAY 1.09 has been released
The edit module of fotoARRAY now offers much enhanced layer support. The layers are created as needed using mathematical formulas which guarantees smooth transistions. Using control points the center of a layer can be moved, the gradation can be changed and its size or rotation can be modified.
24.10.2020 - I just Imported 1.000.626 Images
I now imported a total of 1.000.626 to create a stress test for the data base. I did not have that many images, so I re-imported the same images from a renamed path. Having that many database entries to test, I was able to to improve the database. So the upcoming new version will be even faster than the previous version.
7.4.2020 - Introducing FotoArray Version 1
I am really pleased to finally be able to introduce FotoArray photo software. This software has, in certain ways, been a lifetime in the making. Julian Ziersch started taking pictures about the same time he started programming and throughout his life, they have both remained a passion of his. But only recently, when he realized that he had over 300,000 photos did he start dreaming about software that would make it easy and intuitive to locate specific photos, group photos together, assign them key words, import them from wherever they were, view their data and much, much more.